Monday, September 15, 2014

Music Monday: "I'm Not Who I Was" by Brandon Heath

Week 2 of Music Monday and the next song that I found that inspires me is Brandon Heath's "I'm Not Who I Was". A few years back I allowed myself to be led by my ego and away from the Christian life I'd been raised to follow. I hurt a lot of people but most significantly I hit bottom where my choice was either to end it or renew my faith and move forward toward the life God wanted for me. As you can see, I chose the latter and found a church family where I was able to rededicate my life to Christ and His work. Now when I get thanked for doing something, I know it's not me. I'm just a vessel and blessed to make the impact on others' lives as I work to share God's love for us all. Some people may feel that a cheater, a liar, a thief, etc. never change and I used to feel that way, but today I can actually faithfully and honestly say "I'm Not Who I Was". While I know through His blood, Christ has forgiven me but one day I hope that I can earn forgiveness from those I've hurt in my past. Songwriter: Brandon Heath I wish you could see me now I wish I could show you how I'm not who I was I used to be mad at you A little on the hurt side too But I'm not who I was I found my way around To forgiving you Some time ago But I never got to tell you so I found us in a photograph I saw me and I had to laugh You know, I'm not who I was You were there, you were right above me And I wonder if you ever loved me Just for who I was When the pain came back again Like a bitter friend It was all that I could do To keep myself from blaming you I reckon it's a funny thing I figured out I can sing Now I'm not who I was I write about love and such Maybe 'cause I want it so much I'm not who I was I was thinking maybe I I should let you know I am not the same But I never did forget your name Hello Well the thing I find most amazing In amazing grace Is the chance to give it out Maybe that's what love is all about I wish you could see me now I wish I could show you how I'm not who I was

No comments:

Post a Comment